Every year, we desperately wait for the annual display of glitz and glamour on the lit stage of LSA. This year was no different. The show had its fair share of some good and a lot of bad moments, but that won’t stop us from congratulating all those who won awards.
Before we move on to mention the highlights from the winning categories, its worth noting that a few nominees from this year actually stepped down from the award chase following LSA’s stance on sexual harassment. Well, the problem arose when Ali Zafar who recently took to court against allegations of sexually harassing the model/singer Meesha Shafi, was nominated as a “best actor” for his role in “Teefa in Trouble”. Model Eman Suleman, model Rubab Ali, Generation’s make up artists Saima Bargfrede and Fatima Nasir, folk band The Sketches along with Mesha Shafi and her brother were amongst those who cut their LSA chase short.
Moving on, lets take a step by step analysis on who won what, with a sneak a peek at some of the drama from this year’s Lux Style Awards.
Lux Style awards are and always have been the best platform for a fashion round up, so forgetting the designers and models who worked hard all year to put up an exciting outlook, was simply not possible.
- Model of the Year (female) : Sadaf Kanwal. However we do wish she could have worn a better outfit complemented with a slightly more decent makeup, to go on stage with!
- Model of the Year (Male): Shehzad Noor
- Achievement in Fashion Design (Bridal Couture) : Kamiar Rokni
- Achievement in Fashion Design (Menswear): Republic by Omer Farooq
- Achievement in Fashion Design (Luxury pret): Sana Safinaz
- Best Fashion Photographer: Rizwan Ul Haq
- Best Hair and Makeup Artist: Qasim Liaqat
- Best Emerging Talent in Fashion: Mushk Kaleem
And then of course we had the lifetime achievement award, which was awarded to none other than Nabila.
As always, nearly all awards in this category featured exceptional nominees; the jury panel must have had a difficult time picking these ones out.
- Best Film: Cake (a bit over rated maybe?)
- Best Director: Ahsan Rahim for Teefa in Trouble
- Best Actor (Viewer’s Choice): Ali Zafar for Teefa in Trouble
- Best Actor (Critics) : Fahad Mustafa for Load Wedding
- Best Actress (Viewer’s Choice) : Mehwish Hayat for Load Wedding. Looks like Mehwish Hayat stole the show again, this time however not through a National Pride of Performance award! Beating big names such as Sanam Saeed and Amna Sheikh, it looks like odds were in Mehwish’s favor nonetheless.
- Best Actress (Viewer’s choice) : Sohai Ali Abro for Motorcycle Girl
- Best Play Back Singer : Atif Aslam for Thaam Lo in Parwaz Hai Junoon
Here’s a glimpse of Atif’s outstanding performance from LSA 2019:
We gotta keep moving! So the next category up is:
- Best Tv Play: Suno Chanda The fact that it won against the much acclaimed drama serial “Khaani” came as a surprise. However, Suno Chanda does deserve all praise for returning certain amount of laughter back into our comedy genre. Speaking of which, next year’s LSA hould certainly look to make up its comedy game! Such lame jokes with stupid punchlines ain’t gonna get you guys anywhere!
- Best TV Play Director: Kashif Nisar for Dar Si Jati Hai Sila
- Best TV Writer : Bee Gul for Dar Si Jati Hai Sila
- Best TV Actor (Viewer’s Choice) : Feroze Khan for Khaani Undoubtedly a deserving actor. His performance in Khaani superseded all his previous as well as recent ones! But then again, in the presence of such big names as Nouman Ijaz and Qavi Khan, one can simply not brag about their win! Feroze Khan’s humble gesture of dedicating his award to Qavi Khan absolutely stole away our hearts.
- Iqra Aziz for Suno Chanda – Best TV Actress (Viewer’s Choice)
- Iqra Aziz for Suno Chanda – Best TV Actress (Critics Choice)
Well well… Iqra Aziz certainly had the time of her life at this year’s LSA now didnt she? Winning the awards and then getting proposed in the most romantic way by Yasir Aziz…. She must be thanking her stars!
- Best original Sound Track: Khaani by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
- Best Emerging Talent Writer – Rida Bilal For Khudgarz
Woah that was pretty intense! One last category to lighten the mood up…
- Best Song: Ya Qurban by Khumariyan
- Singer of the year – Mohsin Abbas and Sohail Haider for Na Jaa
- Best Emerging Talent : Saakin for Saqi-e-Bewafa
So guys, that’s the wrap up of Lux Style Awards 2019. We wish that next year’s LSA host lesser mistakes and better scripts so that we enjoy the show as heartily as we want to!